1. Which disease state has not been associated with an increased risk of nephrolithiasis?
2. Kidney stones are most likely to be composed of which of the following?
3. In a nonpregnant female patient, what is the preferred and most sensitive imaging study for detection of a kidney stone?
4. What is the preferred imaging method in a pregnant patient suspected of having nephrolithiasis?
5. For which of the following complications of nephrolithiasis is referral to a urologist recommended?
6. What is the most important predictor of spontaneous stone passage?
7. Which stone type occurs as a consequence of urinary infection with a urease-producing organism?
8. Which of the following medications is first-line therapy for a patient with uric acid stones?
9. Which statement is true regarding fluid therapy for the management of nephrolithiasis?
10. Which fluid is least helpful in the prevention of recurrent nephrolithiasis?
11. Which of these statements is true of patients with uric acid stones?
12. A 54-year-old man with a history of hypertension presents with calcium stones. Which diuretic would be least appropriate for managing his condition?
13. Which statement regarding kidney stone analysis is true?
14. You are consulted for a recommendation for empirical antibiotic therapy in a patient hospitalized with pyelonephritis secondary to nephrolithiasis. A gram-negative pathogen is suspected. Which antibiotic is least appropriate?
15. Which agent is least appropriate for use as medical expulsion therapy?
16. In most patients, which medication is considered first-line treatment for pain associated with kidney stones?
17. Allopurinol is an appropriate treatment strategy for preventing which type of kidney stone?
18. Which drug has not been implicated as a cause of kidney stones?
19. Dietary counseling points for the prevention of kidney stones include all but which of the following?
20. Which of the following is not considered an alkalinizing agent?
21. Met objective 1:
25. Related to your educational needs:
26. The active learning strategies (questions, cases, discussions) were appropriate and effective learning tools:
27. Avoided commercial bias:
28. How would you rate the overall usefulness of the material presented?
29. How would you rate the quality of the faculty?
30. How would you rate the appropriateness of the examination for this activity?