1. Apnea is defined by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine as the cessation of airflow for at least:
2. Apnea is classified according to which of the following parameters?
3. The etiology of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) can be attributed to which of the following factors?
4. What is considered to be the most common risk factor for developing OSA?
5. Which of the following are symptoms associated with OSA?
6. Approximately what percentage of people with OSA have been properly diagnosed?
7. Which diagnostic tool is commonly used to confirm a diagnosis of OSA?
8. The health consequences associated with untreated OSA include:
9. Cognitive impairments related to severe or untreated OSA include which of the following?
10. Patients presenting with what condition are 3 to 4 times more likely to have OSA than the general population?
11. Women with polycystic ovarian syndrome are more likely to have OSA due to which of the following factors?
12. Which of the following statements about OSA is true?
13. A patient presents at the pharmacy with severe fatigue and restlessness, stating that his blood pressure has been elevated. What is the most appropriate initial recommendation?
14. Based on current treatment guidelines, what is considered the gold standard of therapy in the treatment of OSA?
15. Patients may become noncompliant with CPAP therapy due to:
16. All of the following are considered treatment options for patients who cannot tolerate CPAP therapy except:
17. Oral appliances are a good alternative for the treatment of snoring and OSA because of:
18. Which of the following drugs is approved by the FDA to improve wakefulness in adult patients with excessive sleepiness associated with OSA?
19. What is the most common adverse effect associated with armodafinil?
20. Which of the following pharmacologic agents may exacerbate OSA?
21. Met objective 1:
25. Related to your educational needs:
26. The active learning strategies (questions, cases, discussions) were appropriate and effective learning tools:
27. Avoided commercial bias:
28. How would you rate the overall usefulness of the material presented?
29. How would you rate the quality of the faculty?
30. How would you rate the appropriateness of the examination for this activity?