1. Which of the following statements regarding the epidemiology of cluster headaches is true?
2. A patient with cluster headaches fails to achieve a reduction in pain with oxygen therapy during acute attacks. The patient is fearful of injections. Which of the following medications would be the best abortive treatment?
3. Oxygen therapy should be used cautiously in which of the following patient populations?
4. A patient with chronic cluster headache requires management with a prophylactic therapy. The patient has a history of osteoarthritis, which is managed with ibuprofen. Which of the following prophylactic treatments would be preferred for the patient?
5. Which of the following statements is accurate regarding migraine headaches and cluster headaches?
6. Which of the following medications should be avoided during an active cluster attack period?
7. A patient with coronary artery disease and a history of myocardial infarction presents with an acute cluster headache. Which of the following treatment strategies would be the best treatment to manage the acute attack?
8. Based on neuroimaging studies, which anatomical area of the brain is implicated in the pathophysiology of cluster headache?
9. A patient starts lithium 900 mg daily for episodic cluster headache. How long should lithium therapy be minimally continued in this patient?
10. Compared with triptans, ergotamine derivatives possess which of the following?
11. Met objective 1:
16. Related to your educational needs:
17. The active learning strategies (questions, cases, discussions) were appropriate and effective learning tools:
18. Avoided commercial bias:
19. How would you rate the overall usefulness of the material presented?
20. How would you rate the quality of the faculty?
21. How would you rate the appropriateness of the examination for this activity?