1. Vapocoolant sprays are indicated to reduce pain related to cannulation in patients over what age?
2. When do humans develop the ascending pain pathway?
3. Topical analgesics such as lidocaine should be avoided in neonates and infants because of what developmental pharmacology issue?
4. What percentage of codeine is converted to morphine via CYP2D6?
5. Rapid development of targeted glucuronosyltransferases (UGTs) in neonates may necessitate the use of increased doses of which medication?
6. What is the potential difference in glomerular filtration rate between preterm and term neonates?
7. Of all reported pediatric adverse drug events requiring hospitalization, how many are due to analgesics?
8. An appropriately communicated prescription for an analgesic for a pediatric patient should include all but which one of the following?
9. Based on a meta-analysis comparing acetaminophen to ibuprofen as to rates of efficacy in acute pain management, which one of the following statements is true?
10. Which one of the following is not an American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommendation regarding pharmacy education?
11. IV acetaminophen is a favorable option in post-surgical pediatric pain management but is typically only indicated for ___ days following surgery.
12. Although the latest American Academy of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS) post-tonsillectomy guidelines acknowledge that evidence does not support NSAIDs as a cause of postoperative bleeding, they do caution against the use of which NSAID?
13. Which one of the following statements regarding the use of ibuprofen versus codeine is true?
14. FDA warnings regarding codeine and tramadol are related to which pharmacokinetic parameter?
15. Pediatric patients with which condition are at risk of serious respiratory adverse events when using codeine and/or tramadol following tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy?
16. All of the following analgesic counseling points are useful for monitoring adverse events except:
17. Tramadol is metabolized to O-desmethyltramadol via which CYP?
18. All patients who developed serious adverse effects from codeine following tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy were between what ages?
19. Which one of the following statements regarding prescriptions for pediatric patients is correct?
20. Pharmacists need to have knowledge of all of the following to ensure safe analgesic administration except:?
21. Met objective 1:
26. Related to your educational needs:
27. The active learning strategies (questions, cases, discussions) were appropriate and effective learning tools:
28. Avoided commercial bias:
29. How would you rate the overall usefulness of the material presented?
30. How would you rate the quality of the faculty?
31. How would you rate the appropriateness of the examination for this activity?