For 55 years, the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) has hosted the largest gathering of pharmacists who come together across the globe to learn, network, and advance their careers. This year will be no different. This December 6-10, attendees will experience everything the 2020 Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition has to offer in a safe and convenient online platform. Selected educational sessions will be offered as a live activity with the opportunity to participate in faculty Q&A and virtual group discussions.
To kick things off, Tom Hanks, an award-winning actor, producer, and director, will entertain virtual attendees during the during the ASHP Midyear 2020 Clinical Meeting & Exhibition Opening Session and Keynote on Monday, December 7, 2020 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST.
In another featured event, Dr. Anthony Fauci will offer his views on a number of health topics on Wednesday, December 9, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. EST. Appointed director of The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in 1984, Dr. Fauci oversees basic and applied research to prevent, diagnose, and treat established infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS, respiratory infections, diarrheal diseases, tuberculosis and malaria as well as emerging diseases such as Ebola and Zika.
On the educational front, selected continuing educational (CE) sessions will be offered as live activities throughout the meeting, while other sessions will be offered as online home study with CE credit until March 1, 2021. All education sessions will be recorded, and registrants can earn approximately 175 contact hours through a combination of live and home-study programs. Additionally, registrants will be able to participate in all planned Midyear Meeting events.
Key Meeting Features:
• 175+ hours of CE
• All education sessions will be recorded and available for home-study continuing education credit through March 1, 2021.
• Selected sessions will be live during the virtual meeting. (To earn live CE credit, attendees must log on and participate during the virtual session. Otherwise, the recorded session will only offer home-study credit.)
• Opening General Session and Keynote: A Conversation With Tom Hanks
• Residency Showcase
• Personnel Placement Service
• Virtual Exhibit Program
• Networking events
• Posters (Attendees can review poster PDFs and audio clips summarizing projects online, anytime.)
• Board Recertification activities
« Click here to return to ASHP Conference Connect.