What personal information do we collect on the USP Site, and how do we collect it?
- When you subscribe to U.S. Pharmacist®, we ask you for your first and last name, title, company name, address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail address.
- When you sign up to take CE activities on the USP Site, you create a "CE student profile" that includes your name (first, middle, last), address, phone, e-mail, and fax number, as well as the numbers, states and expiration dates of your licenses. If you are a member of NABP, we ask you also for your unique NABP e-Profile ID (or "e-PID number") and your date, month and year of birth.
- If you sign up for our Continuing Education E-Mail Newsletter, we ask you for your first and last names, address, e-mail address, cell phone number, and fax number.
How do we use the personal information that we collect?
- The personal information that is provided on your online subscription form is used as follows:
- JHI's fulfillment house stores all the information that you enter on the online subscription form and makes that information available to JHI to carry out its circulation and marketing activities.
- JHI may share your name and street address with (i) its direct mail vendors (who are engaged on a job-to-job basis), who may send you renewal mailings, (ii) the outsourced print production house of our affiliate Alert Marketing, Inc. ("Alert") and its mail houses, which may send you print mailings about pharmacy products and services that are offered by third parties that may be of use to you, and (iii) JHI's list vendor, which may include your name and street address in lists that it markets and rents to third parties.
- If you provide your e-mail address, JHI, directly or through its fulfillment house, may (i) send you subscription renewal forms by e-mail, (ii) forward your e-mail address to JHI's list vendor, to use to send you e-mail promotional messages for other products and services offered by other companies, (iii) use your e-mail address to send you newsletters from JMI and its affiliates about developments and opportunities in the pharmacy and pharmaceutical industries, and (iv) provide your e-mail address to our affiliates and others in the pharmacy field who offer products and services that may be of use to you. In addition, on occasion, JHI, JMI or Alert may send a list that includes your e-mail address to a third-party agency, vendor or client for a merge/purge operation.
- If you provide your telephone number, JHI may share it with (i) telemarketing companies (who are engaged on a job-by-job basis) who may use it to solicit renewals of your subscription, and (ii) JHI's list vendor, who may include the phone number along with your name and address in lists that it rents to third parties. You do not have to provide your telephone number to subscribe to U.S. Pharmacist®.
- If you provide your fax number, (i) JHI also may share your name and fax number with its fax vendor, who may send you subscription renewal forms by fax; and (ii) you give consent for us and Alert to send you fax advertisements for products and services provided by JMI and others at the fax number you have provided. You do not have to provide your fax number to subscribe to U.S. Pharmacist®.
- We use the information that we collect when you register for CE activities on the USP Site as follows:
- When you participate in a CE activity, JHI will use your name and address to grade your post-activity test and to send you a print statement of credit for the CE activity if you so request. If JHI uses a third-party company to grade your post-activity test and issue statements of credit, JHI will give your name and address to that company for that purpose only. If you are a member of NAIB, we also will notify NAIB that you passed the test, but we will identify you only by your NAIB number.
- If you authorize us to use your e-mail address to send you information about CE programs and pharmaceutical developments, JHI will use your e-mail address to send you JMI's CE Mail Newsletter, JMI's U.S. Pharmacist® eConnect® newsletter, information about JMI's PharmQD® pharmacy Web site, and e-pharm/alert®, a promotional service of Alert. JHI also may provide your e-mail address to its other affiliates and others in the pharmacy field who offer products and services that may be of use to you, such as Postgraduate Healthcare Information, LLC ("PHE"), which accredits our CE activities and also produces Power-Pak C.E.® continuing education programs.
- On occasion, the commercial supporter of a CE activity (the "Supporter") will ask us for a list of the people who participated in that activity, so that it can comply with applicable laws or document the first level of outcomes-based evaluation in CE (i.e., the profile of the learner's that participated, to include a summary of which medical specialties/practices were represented, how this compares to the target audience, and whether the activity needs to be repeated because significant numbers of the target audience did not participate). If the Supporter only wants information to document the first level of outcomes-based evaluation, we will provide the Supporter with a summary of the learner profile that participated in the activity, but we will not provide your personal information. If the Supporter is asking for information that it needs to comply with applicable laws, and in particular, the federal "Sunshine Act," we will provide your first, middle and last name and your street address, and the fact that you participated in this particular CE activity.
- On occasion, the third-party provider or education partner of a CE activity on the USP Site (the "Provider/Partner") will ask us for a list of the people who participated in a particular CE activity that the Provider/Partner prepared or accredited, for the Provider/Partner's record-keeping purposes only. In response to such a request, we will provide the Provider/Partner with the name, street address, e-mail address, profession and specialty of each person who participated in that CE activity.
- If JMI or JHI is required to disclose your personal information by any applicable law, court order, or government regulation, that company will comply with such laws, court order, or regulation.
Does any third party collect personal information on the USP Site?
What about non-confidential information that you transmit to us?
Any communication or material you transmit to us by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary. We may use anything you transmit to us or post on the USP Site for any purpose, including but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, posting and/or ranking, and we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to us without compensation and for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services using such information.
How can you correct your personal information?
To keep your personal information accurate, current, and complete, if you are a U.S. Pharmacist® subscriber, please contact Cambey & West, Inc. at 1-877-529-1746 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not a U.S. Pharmacist® subscriber, please call our customer service at 1-800-825-4696.
How can you be sure that your Information is secure on the USP Site?
We take reasonable steps to protect your Information as you transmit it from your computer to our site and to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the USP Site may not be secure, Moreover, where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on the USP Site, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
What about links to other Web sites?
If you are a California resident, how can you find out the names of any information brokers or any other third parties with whom we share your personal information under California Privacy (Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575 et seq. ("Cal-OPPA"))?
Send a request to email@example.com and within thirty (30) days, we will provide you with that information.
How will you know if this policy has changed?